Last update: January 29, 2021
We, Trovant S.A. de CV, a corporation with variable capital, incorporated under the laws of Mexico, with registered office at Av Lic Benito Juarez 10, San Mateo Cuautepec, Tultitlan, Mexico, and its affiliated companies (“Rocket Lab”), are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and stakeholders, and we undertake our obligations regarding the protection of Personal Data with the utmost rigor
For the avoidance of doubt, the term Personal Data does not include information from which you cannot be identified (referred to simply as data, non-personal data, anonymous data or de-identified data).
Likewise, "Processing" shall mean any operation or set of operations performed on the Personal Data or on a set of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
The Site may contain links to other Websites. However, when the User uses such links, the User is interacting with the third party and not with Rocket Lab. The User understands that these linked sites are not under the control of Rocket Lab, other than those wholly owned by Rocket Lab. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the other websites will respect the protection and privacy of any information that the User provides when visiting such websites. To do so, we recommend that you first read the privacy policies and practices of the website in question.
1. How do we collect your information?
We collect your information when:
- access our services through our mobile platform or web platform [https://www.rocketlab.ai/] ("Applications");
- you contact us through the Applications or by other direct means of electronic communication;
- you interact with us or our services;
- you enter into a contract with us (for example, to use our services);
- give us instructions related to your account; and/or
- establish any other relationship with us or interact with us or our services.
2. Personal Data we collect
We collect the following Personal Data: name; address; e-mail address; telephone number; date of birth; nationality; identity credentials or passport; and/or information about how you use our website.
3. Purpose of Personal Data Processing
We use your Personal Data in connection with the following purposes:
Provision of services and administration:
- to provide you with the information, products and services you have requested;
- to collect any outstanding receivables you may have with us;
- to fulfill any contractual obligations we have to you; and/or
- to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- to ensure that the content of our Applications is delivered to you in the most efficient manner;
- to administer our Applications and for internal business operations and administration, including technical service, data analysis,testing, research, and for statistical and survey purposes;
- to contact you for customer service purposes and any other reason we deem necessary;
- to inform you about changes in our services; and/or
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those you already have or about which you have - requested information;
- to send you promotional material; and/or
- to contact you for promotional purposes.
If you do not want your Personal Data to be used for promotional purposes, please contact us using the information below.
4. How we share your information
Why and when we share your information
We will treat your Personal Data with confidentiality and will share it with third parties (including subsidiaries, affiliates or other entities belonging to the same business group) if we consider that sharing your Personal Data is in accordance with law, is in accordance with, or is mandatory by virtue of, any contractual relationship with you or us, is required by applicable law, by regulatory bodies in the matter or requested through any legal process.
We may also be required by law or by a court to disclose to appropriate regulatory or law enforcement authorities and/or other competent authorities certain information about you or any agreement we have with you. We will also disclose information about you to authorities to the extent that we are required to do so under applicable law. Similarly, we may need to share your information in order to exercise, preserve or enforce our legal rights.
In addition, we may transfer your Personal Information to a third party as part of the sale of some or all of our businesses and assets or as part of any business restructuring or reorganization, or if we are required to disclose or share your Personal Information to comply with a legal obligation. However, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
5. How long do we keep your information?
Retention periods are determined based on the type of record, the nature of the record and the activity of the legal or regulatory obligations applicable to such records. Normally, Personal Data collected in compliance with our legal obligations are retained for 5 years.
However, we may retain your Personal Data for longer periods when such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect your interests or the interests of another person, when we have a legitimate interest in doing so, or when we are required to do so by a judicial authority.
6. Security Measures
We have appropriate physical, technical and administrative security measures in place to prevent your information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed without authorization, altered or disclosed. We have taken important precautions to ensure the security of your data. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data only to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a need to know your Personal Data in order to perform their contractual duties. In such cases, these parties will only process your Personal Data on our instructions, and are bound by the obligation of confidentiality and the obligation to comply with the data protection procedures described herein. We have prepared procedures to handle any suspected breach of your Personal Data protection obligations and, where we have a legal obligation to do so, we will notify you and any applicable authority of any such breach.
7. Rights of the Data Subject
You have certain rights in accordance with the provisions of the LFPDP. These rights are detailed below and can be exercised by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to information and access
Right of rectification
You have the right to have your Personal Data rectified when it is inaccurate, incomplete, inadequate or excessive, provided that it is possible and does not require disproportionate efforts. You may also request that the processing of such information be restricted.
Right of cancellation
In the event of our failure to comply with the LFPDP in the processing of your Personal Data or in the event that such data is no longer necessary for the purposes detailed herein, you have the right to request the cancellation of such data. The cancellation will give rise to a blocking period after which the data will be deleted. This period will be equivalent to the period of limitation of actions arising from the legal relationship on which the processing of such data is based. During this time, we will keep this data exclusively for the purposes of the responsibilities inherent to the processing of such data.
The cancellation of Personal Data will not proceed when:
- It refers to the parties to a private, social or administrative contract and is necessary for its development and performance;
- Must be treated by law;
- Are necessary to protect the legally protected interests of the holder;
- Are necessary to carry out an action in the public interest; and/or
- Are necessary to comply with an obligation legally acquired by the holder.
Right of Opposition
At any time and for legitimate reasons, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data. If appropriate, we will proceed to the cancellation of such data, in the terms indicated in the previous section.
Right to withdraw your consent
Claim for processing of Personal Data
If you wish to obtain a copy of the Personal Data or wish to exercise any of your Rights as a Personal Data Subject as set forth in this Notice, or if you have any questions regarding this Notice or in general about how we handle your Personal Data, please contact email@example.com.
Any request you make in relation to your Personal Data must contain:
(i) Your name and address or other means of communicating a response to your request.
(ii) Documents proving the identity or, if acting by proxy, the legal representation of the holder.
(iii) clear and precise description of the personal data in respect of which the exercise of any of the above-mentioned rights is sought, and
(iv) Any other element or document that facilitates the location or identification of personal data.